Intervention and Referral Services (I&RS) One Day Team Training is designed to provide schools which have new or reorganized (e.g, new members, new structure) school building I&RS teams with basic information, materials and skills to help them fulfill the regulatory requirements for the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of programs of I&RS (N.J.A.C. 6A:16-8). Workshop focus will include identifying and addressing academic, behavior and health issues and developing effective intervention strategies and action plans.
Participants will be able to perform the following tasks as a result of their participation in this program:
1. Summarize the provisions of administrative code (N.J.A.C. 6A:16-8) for the implementation of I&RS.
2. Explain the benefits and purposes of using the building-based multidisciplinary team model as a best practice for addressing academic, behavior and health issues for students in grades K-12.
3. Identify the theoretical and research underpinnings of the I&RS multidisciplinary team model.
4. Apply the procedures for identifying and assisting students with academic, behavior and health issues.
5. Employ a systematic problem-solving process for the creative and resourceful resolution of identified educational issues.
6. Provide effective consultations with students? parents and with school staff who request assistance for educational issues.
7. Review information gathered and the actions taken as a result of the building's system of I&RS and make recommendations to the principal for improving school programs and services.
8. Develop a plan of action for I&RS program implementation.
9. Apply research-based principles and practices to the planning, management and maintenance of building-based I&RS teams.
10. Describe the importance of developing collaborative relationships with diverse school and community resources in support of I&RS activities.
11. Describe applications of the I&RS program that support school-wide planning.
12. Describe the importance of collecting data and utilizing data-driven decision-making in the I&RS process.
Audience: I&RS Team Members, School Administrators, Social Workers or Guidance Counselors working with Grades K-12
Workshop Code: F18007
Dates: Wednesday October 11, 2017
From: 9:00 to: 3:00
Cost: $178 OR 7 ETTC Hour(s). For info on membership, call the ETTC.
Instructor: Dennis Burd
Location: SRI & ETTC - Meeting Rooms 107A - 109A
|3-Day Accelerated Group Policy Master Class with Group Policy MVP Jeremy Moskowitz|
Visit our special projects page to learn more about grants and other classroom activities.
Online registration is the easy way to sign up for our classes. To find details, description and location for a particular workshop, click on the workshop name found through the search windows above.
You can withdraw from a workshop at no cost, up until two weeks before the workshop date. Please notify us of your cancellation by mail, telephone or fax. Withdrawals within two weeks prior to workshop date will forfeit half of the registration fee. No-shows on the day of the workshop will forfeit the entire registration fee.
(workshops that are scheduled in within the next 45 days)
New I&RS Offerings Currently Being Scheduled for 2016-2017
Please Check Back