Call for Proposals:
Mapping the Visual Beyond the Visible
Sorry, but the submission deadline has passed.
We hope to see you at the conference.
Please consider this topic broadly and contribute your thoughts to this conversation. We welcome proposals to expand our dialogue and knowledge of visual literacy.
Suggested topics include:
- The mapping of territories and minds
- Mental maps (subjective perception on a place)
- Linguistic landscape
- Ethno-visual research
- Cognitive geography (spacial perception and cognition)
- Gestalt (theories of visual perception)
- Blindness/illusion of attentiveness
- The art of mapping and maps as Art/in the Arts
- Simulations (digital and physical)
- Conceptual maps (visualization of knowledge)
- Imaginary maps (holy maps, maps of unknown territories)
- Political maps